1. Do not respond to emails instantly. Respond in a minimum of 4 hours, but 24 hours is recommended.
2. If guy doesn't ask for your number after 4 solid emails, move on---NEXT!
3. If a guy gives you his number, say "thanks, here's mine xxx-xxx-xxxx"
4. Do not ever text or email first. If they want you, they will contact you.
5. If he cancels a date more than once... NEXT!
6. If you haven't met after 2 weeks... NEXT!
7. Do not send "thank you" texts after the date i.e. " I had a great time tonight, hope to hear from you" BIG NO NO!
8. Do not text or call him first. Wait until he texts you and don't text back instantly. Wait 1-3 hours before responding.
9. No booty calls. Stop wasting your time! Don't waste time on ex's either
10. Keep your online dating profiles short and sweet and when you start talking to a guy, keep it brief, say less than him and don't give your life story. The new guy doesn't want to know about your catfish experience, your exes or why you hate your job.
11. Be a CUAO---creature unlike any other. Be sexy and confident always.
12. Don't always be available. You are an awesome woman and any guy would be lucky to be with you and you know it!
13. He must ask you out 3 days in advance. If Friday morning he asks you out for Saturday night---"Sorry! I already have plans this weekend, maybe next weekend."
These are just a few rules from "Not your mothers RULES the new secrets for dating" by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider